Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Brooke Seguin, Supa Star

Monday I had an experience that reminded me of why I love L.A. Brooke's friend Reed had put together a few songs and was sining at Genghis Cohen and she and Reed's brother Cooper were backing him up. It was this little room that would hold about 40-50 tops on the side of this restaurant, and was just the way you want to see people. Large stadium shows are fly and all, but the more intimate the setting the better as far as I'm concerned.

So anyway, they were fantastic! The song that sticks out the most in my mind was "Hefty on a Huffy". The name speaks for itself. It was actually the very first gig, too, so when I found that out later it made the whole thing even cooler. The title of this is about Brooke, though, because I am now convinced more than ever that she will hit the big time and I need proof that I knew her way back when to ride her coat-tails to riches and fame. Seriously, I'm renaming the blog to BrookeFan#1. Ok, probably not, (because if there's one person I like more than Brooke it's me) but the thought still counts, right?

Anyway, good job, Brooke! If Reed ever needs a pretty good bass player, I'll make some calls. But if he needs a crappy one that will work for CHEAP, tell him to call me!

1 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Thanks, Jared! That made me smile!
- Brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home