Monday, August 08, 2005

Ok, while I'm waiting on my phone I figured I'd share a bit about life as well. Life's pretty much up in the air, and I share this in the hopes y'all will keep me in your prayers these next few months (but no more than that, that would be weird). So here's my life:

School: I'm about 95% done with my degree, I have to finish up some papers for my intensive this summer, finish two "class-by-cd" classes, and set up and do my practicum. I'll be done with everything by the end of the year!!!

Practicum: Well, I'm putting together my proposal now, and if all goes well I'll spend 3-4 weeks in Sheffield, England. I want to put together a little documentary about the community they've formed and the ways they blend the small with the big, activism with Bible Study, etc. It's sad but kind of true that I feel the need to go overseas to really learn about community. A few of my friends here at Fuller have remarked a few times that Christians are friendly, but we don't necessarily make great friends.

Work?: Well, I'm still working at the DMin office, helping the new Final Project person and editing some of the papers. In a couple of weeks, I'll meet with another editor and see about doing editing professionally (where you have to file as self-employed and whatnot). That should pay my rent as I try to figure out what to do about life.

The Future?: This is the real biggie. I've got a few options and I'm waiting to see where the Lord is leading. I feel that the future is sort of intentionally hazy at the moment. If I knew what I would be doing I think I would spend more time thinking about it than I would finishing up what I have on my plate already. So, my options are:

PhD: Well, I'd have to do a LOT of stuff before January to apply here at Fuller. I'm looking at other programs as well, but I think I need to finish what I'm doing now before I concentrate on this.

Another Masters: Well, there's a school in the UK where I've found a program (or programme, as it were) in Religion, Ethics and Society that sounds really interesting.

Baton Rouge: Of course my heart is in BR as well as the people I dearly love. The main problem about going there is that I actually have to pay my student loans, so I can't just work at Starbucks (or my old gov. job) and still afford life. I'll have to find a career-type job when all I'd want to do is Ring stuff. I've done this before and it is NOT fun.

Stay in L.A.: Well, this is also a potential future, but God would definitely have to call me here by giving me a job because L.A. is not cheap and not the kind of place you want to hang out in if you don't know what to do with your life. Of course this could always be my opportunity to break into the biz ;) I'd love to write for a living, but so would 14 million of my closest friends here.

So, there's life. A bunch of stuff up in the air, and I'm sure there's a ton of stuff out of my field of vision that God has in store for me. Any advice? Like I said, prayers would be appreciated, because no matter where life takes me, it will have to be God guiding it.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Wayj said...

Hey Mo,
Just wanted to thank you for the encouragement. I read your post and see that you know just what I'm talking about.
I was talking about it with Linz last night and I think the thing that bugs me the most is that when I don't know what's coming up I can't plan. And I LOVE to plan. In fact, I love to make about 40 potential plans so that one plan breaks down there's another in the repertoire to pull out.
I also have a roommate who is getting married in December and I'll be effectively evicted by the end of the year. What I decide now affects him as well, so I really hate that my haziness cramps someone else's style, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home